Subject to the following paragraphs, students may use the ICT facilities within the College for the purposes of data processing, communications, research and other applications of Information and Communication Technology that genuinely support the educational process in the College.
Examples of unacceptable use which could result in legal action and/or loss of place at the College:
- Use of the College’s Internet or equipment for any illegal purpose.
- The acquisition, creation or transmission of any offensive, obscene or indecent images, data or other material, or any data capable of being resolved into obscene or indecent images or material.
- The introduction of computer “viruses”, “Trojans” or “worms” etc, with the intention of causing disruption or damage to:
– College’s equipment or data.
– Third party equipment or data.
- Removal or attempted removal of College management or security protocols.
Examples of unacceptable use which could mean access is withdrawn:
- Use of impolite or abusive language.
- Allowing another person use of personal account and password.
- Accessing chat sites and messaging sites including SMS messaging.
- Playing or downloading the following:
– Computer games.
– Music files including streaming audio.
– Video files including streaming video.
– Programs and executable files.
– Installing unauthorised applications.
This list is by no means exhaustive and is given as a guide. The College will determine the category and severity of any other misuse.