MCC News Feed
MinistryPosted in Ministry on Friday, 12 April, 2019
As you are all aware, 13 students and 4 staff will participate in the Flores Immersion Program 5-14 July this year. The people of Flores, Indonesia have very poor eye sight due to lack of access to nutritious foods. On behalf of our partner, Flores Village Partners, we are collecting new/used glasses to take with us in July. These glasses will be distributed to those people in need in Flores communities by volunteer eye specialists who regularly visit the island.
If you would like to donate a pair of glasses (reading/multi focal/sunglasses etc) please drop them off at Student Reception.
Christian Service Learning
- The Years 7, 8, 9 and 12 CSL Audits were completed this week. Thank you to all students who are making a huge effort to complete their service hours and make a difference to the lives of others.
- Reminder: The number of CSL hours that a Y7, Y8, Y9 student completes will appear on their Semester 2 Report.
- Students are encouraged to take some time in the school holidays to complete some CSL hours. This will also take the pressure off Term 2 when assessment schedules can be quite busy.
- The Flores International Immersion Team students will be completing a Pre-Travel Formation Course in Term 2. It will be held 3.05-4.05pm each Wednesday. The theme of the course is Catholic Social Teachings and will lay the foundation for their immersion in a majority world country which will take place 5-14 July.
Australian Catholic Youth Festival
The College will soon be seeking students who are interested in participating in the Australian Catholic Youth Festival to be held in Perth on the 8-10 December. Mrs Bentley will be organising this wonderful opportunity. Please see her to register your interest.
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival (ACYF) is a national gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC). It exists to provide young people with opportunities to deepen their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival exists to:
- Provide a high quality formative and experiential opportunity for young Catholics to encounter Jesus Christ, in the context of the Catholic Church in Australia
- Listen to and discuss the issues and challenges in the lives of young Catholics in Australia
- Evangelise young people and empower them to be evangelists
- Provide young people with local examples and connections of vocations, social action, liturgy and prayer, catholic music and catechesis
Mrs Susan Bentley
Coordinator of Christian Service Learning
You are invited to Alpha at Our Lady’s Assumption Parish for a meal, a talk (video) and a small group discussion about the video.
Our Lady’s Assumption Parish Centre, 8 Stevenson Street, Mandurah
Thursday evenings from 2 May 2019 – 11 July 2019
7.00pm – 9.00pm
Michael 0424 851 641 Rosemary 0417 187 967
Our Lady’s Assumption Parish events
All attending the 9.30 am Mass on Palm Sunday, 14 April 2019, are invited to assemble at 9.15am at the Parish Centre for the blessing and procession of Palms.
Chrism Mass in St Patrick’s Cathedral Bunbury at 11:00am.
Parishioners are most welcome.
Reconciliation Liturgy and Confession in the Second Rite at 7:00pm in Our Lady’s Assumption Church. All welcome to prepare for the celebration of the Resurrection of the Lord.
Date: Tuesday 16 April
Mass of the Lord’s Supper
Mass of the Lord’s Supper will be celebrated at 7:00pm. Representatives from the parish will be invited to participate in the washing of the Feet.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the Altar of Repose will follow Mass until 9:15pm.
Date: Thursday 18 April
Stations of the Cross
Stations of the Cross will take place on the Mandurah Foreshore at 9:00am. Solemn Celebration of the Passion of the Lord at 3:00pm. This will include the reading of the Passion, Adoration of the Cross and Holy Communion.
Date: Friday 19 April
Easter Vigil Mass
Easter Vigil Mass begins at 7:00pm and includes the Blessing of the Fire and a Baptismal Liturgy.
Date: Saturday 20 April
Sunday of the Resurrection
Sunday of the Resurrection: Masses will be celebrated at 6:30am, 8:00am and 10:00am.
Date: Sunday April 21