Students receive 30 lessons of 30 minute duration. Lessons are held on a weekly rotating timetable during the school day. The cost of the Instrumental Lessons are added to the College fees.
Mandurah Catholic College offers Class Music for students in Pre-Primary and Instrumental Music for students in Years 2 – 12.
The Instrumental Program attracts over 100 students who participate in private lessons. Enrolling a child in the Instrumental Program requires an application form to be submitted to the Head of Learning Area Music. Enrolments are processed in Term 4 in readiness for the following year, however, late enrolments are accepted throughout the year.
- Bass guitar
Primary School Music
- Class Music Pre-Primary to Year 6
- Instrumental Lessons Years 2 – 6Primary
- Choir and Ensembles Years 3 – 6
Secondary School Music
Years 8, 9 and 10 student must select Music as an option (if they with to continue with Music as a subject) and are offered both Minor (2 periods a week) and Major Classroom Music (4 periods a week). Students are encouraged to develop their musicianship through the study of the elements of music in both instrumental and Class Music and through the opportunities of performance in ensemble.
- Year 7 General Music. All students learn guitar as an introductory instrument
- Years 8 – 10 Music is an elective that students can study within their timetable
- Years 11 – 12 Music Certificate II and Certificate III in Music (Performance) offered as an elective
- Senior Choir, Swing Band, Guitar Ensemble, Rock Band, Vocal Ensemble and Wind Ensemble are all offered throughout Years 7 – 12.
- Music Camp, recitals, annual concert and various performance opportunities.