Vocational Education and Training (VET) is learning designed to prepare students for the world of work.
VET is a combination of vocational units and general curriculum subjects, which allows students to work towards their Western Australian Certificate of Education and credits towards a nationally recognised VET qualification.
Vocational Placement or Work Placement
The on-the-job experience is part of a recognised vocational qualification (certificate).
The aim of work placement is to develop skills on-the-job and to undertake workplace tasks which enable the student to demonstrate competency in the workplace.
Mandurah Catholic College provides its students with a work readiness and induction program before placing them in a real workplace. The program typically covers:
- the purpose of the work placement and the specific requirements of this Workplace Learning program
- an understanding of the work health and safety requirements of the industry
- workplace expectations and behaviours
- appropriate duties the student may undertake
- an understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality in the workplace
- roles and responsibilities of the student
- roles and responsibilities of the host workplace.
How to apply
Work placement applications must be completed by Year 10 and 11 students in Term 3 of the year prior to work placement. Please do not leave it to the last minute.
- Download an application form
- Resume, Semester 1 report and any additional information is to accompany the application
- Complete application form and VETiS application form
- Look out for timelines in News Feed, website and Careers bulletin for when you need to apply for traineeships and other training. This is a formal process and no late applications will be considered
- Fill out all parts of the form completely including Student Goal Statement
- Signed by parents/guardians