Recognising each child or young person’s right to be heard and have a voice in all decisions affecting them
Voice of the Child
How this looks at Mandurah Catholic College:
- Policies are developed with the student in mind.
- Students are encouraged to voice their perspective and/or concerns through:
– Student Voice’ – dedicated email address for students
– SEQTA Forums
– DIREQT Messages to teachers and key staff
– Surveys – Exit Survey (Y12s), Wellbeing Survey, IT Survey, Positive Behaviours Survey, Keeping Safe Survey etc.
- MCC Strategic Plan developed with student input.
- School Improvement Plan developed with student input.
- MCC Student Code of Conduct developed with student input.
- Students participate in reviewing and implementing Policies and Programs.
- Students are aware there are Policies and Procedures in place to support them.